You may have heard the exfoliating should be an integral part of your skin care routine. However, you may not be aware that there are actually several benefits to making this a part of your cleansing program. Here are five benefits to exfoliating your face regularly
- Smoother skin – Regular exfoliation creates a smooth canvas. It improves the texture of your skin because it removes dead skin cells at the top surface allowing new cells to take their place. This creates soft and supple skin that is touchable and smooth.
- Reduce signs of aging – Dead skin cells tend to increase the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. As we age our ability to shed skin cells rapidly tends to decrease. Exfoliating allows you to give your skin a little extra helping hand.
- Decrease breakouts – Excess skin cells can plug pores, trapping oil and dirt below the skin’s surface. This is the primary cause of acne breakouts. By removing these cells, you are helping the skin to naturally release these blockages.
- Improve skin tone – Removing old skin cells gives your skin a brighter appearance. It can also help to even out the skin tone giving your face a fresh appearance.
- Increase effectiveness of other products – Cleaning your skin and removing dead cells allows a clear path into your pores for other skin care products. They are able to penetrate the skin deeply and help to improve the texture and appearance of your skin.
Are you looking for the perfect exfoliating product? Try the Ultimate Argan Oil Deluxe Exfoliating Soap. Its apricot seed formulation helps to naturally remove dead cells and excess dirt and oil that can build up on the surface of your skin. It also helps to infuse the skin with argan oil for extra moisturizing to create a soft, supple dewy complexion.
Simply work the soap into a lather and massage into the skin for a few minutes. Rinse thoroughly and pat skin dry with a towel. It is gentle enough to use twice daily and can help to keep skin clean, blemish free, brighter and smoother with regular use.
It sounds like something out of a science fiction movie. In reality, however, a talking sheet is the latest revolution in skin care technology. Talking sheets (also known as sheet masks) are a beauty technology that originated in Korea and is quickly becoming a worldwide phenomenon.
At first glance you might think you are seeing an alien abduction right before your eyes. The sheet mask facial treatment consists of a cellulose fabric that contains skin care ingredients to help soothe, cleanse and tighten skin.
This fuss-free approach to skin care is easy to use and leaves skin feeling smooth and refreshed. Simply remove the cellulose fabric from the protective packaging, align the eye, nose and mouth holes to your face and apply the mask to your face by smoothing from the center to the edges. Relax and enjoy for 20 minutes, allowing the ingredients to be absorbed into the skin. After removing the mask, gently massage any remaining residue into the skin,
Unlike traditional masks, sheet mask such as our Ultimate Hydrating and Ultimate Brightening Mask are mess free, easy to remove and do not require water for application or clean up. They come in an individually wrapped package and are sold in sets of four. The single mask packaging also makes it easy to take along when traveling. Toss one in your makeup case and use it when you get to your hotel to combat the effects of dry air during a long flight.
One of the biggest benefits of a sheet mask is the way nutrients are delivered to the skin cells. Because they are applied through a saturated skin covering, the ingredients are more concentrated than traditional creams and facial serums as more easily absorbed.
In the end, sheet or talking masks are a great way to give your skin (and yourself) a little pampering after a busy day and leave you feeling invigorated and refreshed.
Appropriate hair care is an essential part of ensuring that your tresses will remain strong, shiny and will grow properly. This means not only caring for your hair, but also your scalp. Some people believe that simply trimming the ends every couple months is sufficient to maintain a healthy head of hair, but it is also important to moisturize the scalp and seal hair ends to prevent drying and splitting. Here are three benefits sealing your hair and hydrating the scalp with oil s as a part of your daily hair care routine.
- Reduce breakage – Products, such as our Ultimate Argan Oil Treatment, or Ultimate Instant Repairing Mask are great ways to apply hydrating oils to your hair and scalp to maintain it moisture and keep it protected. Maintaining your hair’s moisture levels helps to prevent dry damaged hair that is prone to splitting and breakage. Additionally, proper sealing helps to replenish the moisture that is lost on a daily basis.
- Detangle Hair – Dry brittle hair is far more susceptible to knotting and tangling. Sealing your hair will maintain a smoother texture which reduces the propensity to form snarls in your hair.
- Longer hair – Because moisturizing helps to keep your hair and scalp healthier, it also makes it easier to grow your hair longer. Split ends and breakage often require cutting. However, if your hair is properly sealed and hydrated, it will not need to be cut as often, thereby allowing you to grow thicker, longer and stronger hair.
At Ultimate Argan oil in addition to hydrating shampoos and conditioners, we offer two products that help protect and seal your hair and moisturize your scalp, creating healthy, shiny, vibrant hair.
Use our Ultimate Argan Oil treatment after shampooing your hair to lock in hydration and increase shine. And, the Ultimate Instant Repairing Mask revitalizes dry damaged hair. Work the product evenly through clean damp hair. Take time to thoroughly work through ends of hair as well as the scalp, adding more product if needed. Allow hair to set for 10 minutes, and then rinse thoroughly with warm water. Style your hair as desired and enjoy your healthy, beautifully hydrated hair.
Healthy hair starts with moisturizing. Check out our full line of Ultimate Argan Oil products to infuse your hair with hydrating beauty!
For some people, maintaining healthy, shiny and vital hair can be difficult. Styling tools can wreak havoc on your hair and products laden with chemicals can strip its natural protective oils. Moroccan oil treatments like our ULTIMATE Moroccan Argan Oil® Treatment are an excellent way to help revitalize your hair and keep it vibrant and healthy. Here are five ways our ULTIMATE Moroccan Argan Oil Treatment can help your hair.
- Prevent Split Ends with Moroccan oil – using ULTIMATE Moroccan Argan Oil® Treatment regularly can reduce the occurrence of split ends. This is especially important for individuals who are growing their hair long, as split ends can be a common problem. Our ULTIMATE Moroccan Argan Oil® has a unique serum that instantly absorbs into hair. Regular use can help hair grow stronger and heal damage.
- Control Frizzy Hair – If you suffer from frizzy hair (especially in warm and humid climates) argan oil is a great choice to tame the frizz. High in essential fatty acids, antioxidants (such as vitamin E and carotenes) and natural moisturizers. Simply rub a few drops in the palm of your hands, work it through damp hair and style as usual.
- Increase the Shine with Argan Oil – Dry damaged hair lacks luster and shine. Massaging a few drops of Moroccan oil throughout your hair helps to restore the natural sheen and softness making hair look full and vibrant.
- Repair Damaged Hair – Because Moroccan Argan Oil is naturally high in fatty acids and vitamin E, it is an excellent treatment for hair that has been damaged due to styling, chemical treatments and even environmental conditions. The ULTIMATE Moroccan Argan Oil® Treatment nourishes and strengthens your hair by providing deep penetrating moisture.
- Moroccan Oil and Styling Hair – Styling products can contain chemicals that dry and damage hair, while the heat from blow dryers and other styling tools also play their part in damaging hair. Applying ULTIMATE Moroccan Argan Oil® Cuticle Sealing Spray before you style your hair can provide an added layer of protection without leaving a stiff or sticky residue.
Are you looking for the perfect Moroccan oil treatment for your lifeless hair? Check out our ULTIMATE Moroccan Argan Oil® Treatment and start enjoying beautiful, strong and shiny hair today!
In the simplest of terms, free radicals are unstable molecules produced by chemical processes within your body. Free radical damage is one of the main culprits involved in the rapid aging of the skin. If not combated through diet or topical sources free radicals can cause great damage to otherwise healthy cells in a process called oxidation. This is the same process that turns an apple brown or changes a copper roof from reddish gold to blue-green. Sun, cigarette smoke, air pollutants and poor diet all increase the production of free radicals.
Free radicals are all around us and are constantly breaking down otherwise healthy skin cells. Skin damage created by free radicals may appear in several forms. Signs of damage can range from changes in skin color (brown spots and broken blood vessels) to weakened skin that looks loose and saggy as a result of damaged elastic fibers. Free radicals can also break down the skin’s collagen and create wrinkles.
Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant and a necessary component of collagen production within the skin’s cells. It is known for its role in the healing of wounds and maintaining of the elasticity of tissues. It also plays a vital role in collagen synthesis and has been shown to be a powerful antioxidant when applied topically. Vitamin C protects the collagen in the skin and encourages new collagen production vital for both healthy skin and healing.
Along with Vitamin C, Vitamin E is another powerful antioxidant that protects skin from the adverse effects of aging and sun damage. The application of vitamin E to the skin has shown the ability to reduce inflammation from sun exposure and UVB damage and potentially reverse sun damage.
At Floclaire, our goal is to provide products that not only enhance beauty, but also supply health benefits for the user. Because of this, we offer a wide variety of products, such as O’TENTIKA C15 Serum, that are infused with antioxidants that help reduce the effects of free radicals and protect the skin.
Paraben-free is a buzz word within the cosmetic and beauty products industry. And, while many people know it is something to avoid, they don’t know much more than that.
With that in mind we wanted to take the time to educate you on what paraben is and why you might want to consider adding more paraben-free products to your current beauty regime.
Parabens were introduced the 1930s as preservative chemicals that are used to prevent bacterial growth in a wide variety of items, including beauty products. Many cosmetic manufacturers use them because they are cheap and do a good job preventing fungal growth.
In recent years, however, there has been growing concern regarding the affect these additives have on health and wellness.
Effects of Parabens
It is important to point out that people can have differing reactions to parabens, however, the most common problem is skin irritations, including eczema and psoriasis. This is especially common in individual with allergies or sensitive skin. Additionally, some researchers have found that paraben can have a negative impact on hormonal balance because their chemical composition closely resembles that of the hormone estrogen. Some studies have also found trace amounts of paraben in breast cancer tissue leading doctors to question if there is a connection between exposure to this chemical and developing cancer.
Vigilance is important in detecting paraben in your beauty products. Always check the
ingredients to see what you are putting on your skin and hair. Some of the most common paraben derivatives include paraben right in their name – butylparaben, methylparaben, and propylparaben. However others, such as Alkyl parahydroxy benzoates can be trickier to detect.
Some individuals might suggest that there is no real proof that parabens are harmful. To them we ask, “Why would you take a chance with your health?” At Floclaire, our mission is to provide our customers with best and healthiest beauty care products. This include the O’tentika line which recently announced that many of their products are paraben free (and by the end of 2016 their entire line will be paraben free).
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about any of our products. We are proud to offer natural options for healthy hair and skin.
In today’s health crazy culture, the word fat is often associated with obesity, heart disease and a myriad of other unhealthy lifestyle choices. To suggest that fat in some way might benefit the body seems ludicrous to some. However, as doctors and other health practitioners have been preaching for year, there are some fats that are actually beneficial to the body and are necessary to maintain health and vitality.
Fatty acids are one such “fat” that the body needs to sustain its well-being. Not only are they good for heart health, but they also help maintain healthy hair and skin. Here are a few benefits of fatty acids for skin and hair.
How it helps the Skin
Fatty acids have powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Some research has suggested that they protect skin cells from inflation brought on from exposure to the harmful UV rays of the sun and help lessen the damage theses rays can cause. Other studies show that skin fortified with fatty acids might not burn as quickly as skin without this protection. (Regardless of this, it is still vitally important to apply sunscreen daily!)
Fatty acids also can provide a powerful anti-aging benefits by reducing fine lines, wrinkles and puffiness. They have been shown to improve moisture levels in the skin when used topically by promoting deep hydration at the epidermal level. They also support the exchange of important nutrients, vitamins and minerals through the cell walls by keeping membranes healthy and supple, resulting in skin that feels smoother and has less sensitivity.
Benefits for the Hair
The scalp is an extension of the skin. Its health ensures the healthy growth of hair. Some studies have shown that fatty acids can help balance scalp pH, decrease inflammation and increase blood flow. The result is strong, healthy and lustrous hair that resists splitting and breaking.
We are proud to offer products enriched with fatty acids, including our Ultimate Argan oil Hydrating Shampoo and O’tentika Maxitone Fade Out Cream.
For more information on our full line of natural beauty products visit www.floclaire.com or www.ultimatearganoil.com.
At Floclaire, our goal is to offer our customer the purest, naturally derived products to enhance beauty and create healthy and glowing skin and hair. With that in mind, we are thrilled to announce that the O’tentika products are now paraben-free (the most popular products in this line are currently paraben-free, with the remaining products being updated by the end of 2016).
What does that mean for our customers? Paraben is a chemical preservative that is often used in skincare or cosmetic make-up products. While there are no scientifically proven side effects from products containing paraben, at Floclaire, we believe that providing products with the purest and most naturally derived ingredients is always the best policy.
In addition to the removal of paraben, the O’tentika line also has updated that formulation of its brightening component. The new formula will move away from licorice extract to a combination of ingredients that are dominated by pea extracts. The new formula feels lighter and absorbs better into the skin.
Finally, in an effort to provide customers with genuine O’tentika products, all of their packaging will include an anti-counterfeit feature. In a press release put out by the manufacturer, they note
“We care about customer’s safety and want to engage the customers and help them to select genuine products.”
The special anti-counterfeit label includes a built-in 3D shape, a unique serial number and an internet validated QR code. The manufacturer asks customers to do the following three steps to validate product authenticity:
- Verify that the 3D label is present (see image sample)
- Validate the presence of dots and serial number.
- Scan the QR code to verify authenticity online with O’tentika’s customer service department.
In the end, this change is about offering our customers the very best products. At Floclaire, that is our mission and our goal. And it shows in the glowing skin of our valued customers.
Sad to say, but acne is not just a condition that affects teenagers. Individuals of any age can suffer from this frustrating skin condition. Add to this the fact that over-the-counter acne products often tout chemical laden compounds that can actually inflame acne by drying out the skin causing adverse reactions and making the affected look worse than before. Pimples, blackheads, whiteheads and cysts all fall under the category of acne. Oily skin types are more prone to acne, but these problems can also arise in dry skin. The main causes of this skin condition include a build-up of dead skin cells, excess production of sebum and bacterial growth.
The good news is that acne can be treated with the help of pure argan oil. Argan oil addresses the underlying causes of acne and promotes overall skin health. Using argan oil to treat acne can be an effective alternative to conventional harsh skin regimens.
Argan oil is naturally rich in antioxidants, which can prevent cell oxidation and resulting skin conditions. The primary antioxidant in argan oil is vitamin E which has been shown to keep skin oil production in balance by creating naturally oil-free moisture. Additionally, vitamin E can decrease skin inflammation that often accompanies acne.
Argan oil is the perfect complement to a cleansing routine. Follow the steps below for a healthier brighter complexion:
- Wash the affected twice a day with Ultimate Moroccan Oil Deluxe Exfoliating Soap.
- Pat dry with a towel.
- Carefully apply Ultimate Moroccan Oil Skin Brightening Mask as noted in product directions.
- Allow mask to remain on skin for 20 minutes.
- Once mask is removed, use fingertips to gently massage any additional argan oil from the mask into the skin using a circular motion.
- Skin will feel fresh and tingly and will appear brighter.
- Use brightening mask once a week for best results.
Argan oil is an effective solution for skin problems, but it is also used for overall preventive health. For more information on the healing affects of argan oil, visit our website at ultimatearganoil.com.
While argan oil used to be a very rare product, over the past several years, it has increased in popularity for both beauty regimes and even its nutritional benefits. The consumer can find it just about anywhere – from the local supermarket’s bath and beauty section, the food section, makeup counters and on the Internet. Due to argan oil’s numerous and powerful nutritional benefits, it is no wonder so many are drawn to it.
As the Ultimate Moroccan Argan Oil name suggests, argan oil is native to Morocco and can be found in the Argan tree. The oil extracted from the argan nut is the source of both nutritional benefits and cosmetic applications.
Exactly what is inside argan oil and what makes it such a beneficial, all-natural choice for your diet as well as for your skin? Argan oil consists of unsaturated fats, sterols, vitamin E (antioxidants) and omega 3, 6, 9 fatty acids which makes it beneficial for both health and beauty. Argan oil can help lower cholesterol, improve circulation, boost immunity, suppress inflammation and fight cell damage. (Note: Be sure to buy an edible version of argan oil if you plan on cooking with it.)
As an aid to your beauty routine, argan oil helps promote healing with repairing properties that slow down the aging process of the cell membrane. In addition, it improves the skin’s elasticity and cell strength, and its anti-inflammatory process calms and hydrates the skin. It also prevents damage caused by ultraviolet light, balances the skin’s sebum level by maintaining a proper moisture balance to keep skin healthier and younger-looking. It is also an effective treatment for other skin issues such as acne and eczema.
It is important to remember that products containing argan oil can vary in quantity as well as quality. Some only use trace amounts of actual argan oil to enhance the other ingredients. At ULTIMATE Moroccan Argan Oil® we know you want a quality product that can be trusted. Visit our website to view our products and learn more about how Moroccan Argan Oil can help with other issues such as hair loss, stretch marks and even dry skin.